Wednesday 10 June 2009

Beauty Basics

It is important to me to be well presented. I am not into the heavily made up look but believe in looking after my skin and using a little make up to achieve the "my skin but better, my lips but better etc etc" look.


Thought I'd share a few of my failsafe products.....well, they work for me, for now!



I love Liz Earle products and would buy everything in the range if the pennies allowed!


For now I am happy to stick with the basics of Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (wonderful stuff!), Radiant Boost Skin Tonic (which smells devine) and Skin Repair moisturiser. Now who is that little product peeking out from the back?? Ssshhh, don't tell.....it's my secret weapon, Boots No7 Protect & Perfect serum. This is seriously good.








In the evenings before bed, I like to give my skin a little treat with these products from Decleor. I'm not sure if they actually do any good, but they smell so lovely it's a real treat to go to bed with them on my skin.


A few of my other faves at the moment are Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. Being so pale I often have difficulty finding the right foundation but this is just about pale enough! For similar reasons, I love Benefit Posietint which is paler than it's famous sister Benetint.


I love the retro packaging of Benefit products so just had to buy the Bad Girl Lash. With a name like that I couldn't resist!


Finally, lipgloss. Any.



3 comments:

Floss said...

You look so beautiful in your photo that we are going to have to take this advice seriously! I particularly appreciate your advice about pale skin - I find it hard to find anything in southern France that will do at all! But I'm in Edinburgh for a week...

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexandra, I do like to hear other people's "reviews" of products, it's the best advertising. I have thought about trying the Liz Earle products but I went for Karin Herzog recently. It too is a bit on the pricey side but like you, I do really try to take care of my skin so sometimes I splash out on something special.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm a Liz Earle fan too!

Victoria xx